Choose the Right Course Writer
1. Choose the right writer. Before you decide to outsource your course writing, you’ll want to make sure that the writer is qualified for the job. There are many different types of course writers out there, and each has their own skill set. Some writers specialize in writing technical training, while others are excellent with editing and formatting. You’ll want to make sure that the writer you choose is capable of handling your course’s unique requirements.
2. Review their sample courses. Once you’ve found the writer you want to work with, it’s important that you review their sample courses. Make sure to look at the sample courses for two things: how well they’re written, and how much they cost. If you can’t find any samples of their work, you may want to reconsider working with them.
3. Find out if they charge by the hour or per word. You may have heard that course writers are expensive, but this is not entirely true. There are many great writers who charge by the hour, and if you choose one of these, be sure to ask how much they charge per word. A good writer will not charge you more than a premium rate.
4. Ask them to show their work. It is a good idea to ask a course writer for samples of their work. If they have samples, you can see that they are not just some random person off the street who you’re paying.
5. Ask them to send a sample of their work. A good course writer will be able to offer you samples of their work. These samples will show you that they know what they’re doing, and that they can actually write the material in your program.